The purpose of our scholarship competition is to support our students who choose to further their education.
First prize: $3,000 (will compete in the Statewide scholarship competition)
Second prize: $2,500
Third prize: $1,500
Fourth prize: $1,500
Fifth prize: $1,500
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
To be eligible for our scholarship, the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applications:
1. Applicants must be a son, daughter, or legal ward of a Logan County Electric Cooperative residential memberliving on our lines and receiving service at the time of competition.
2. Applicants must be graduating seniors who have all basic credits for college, or proper vocational, or technical school entrance. (A proper vocational or technical school is defined as a post‑secondary institution where creditscan be transferred to a state‑accredited four‑year college.)
3. Applicants must have a current career average of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standing on anontraditional scale. Winners must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college to claim their scholarship. Applicants, who are accepted and then enrolled in an accredited school of nursing, working toward a degree, are also eligible.
4. Applicants may not be immediate family members of, or reside with, people who are employed by any electric cooperative in Ohio (employees, trustees, managers, OEC, or affiliated organizations).
5. Applications for our competition must be typed and submitted on the forms provided by the co-op. Application forms must be returned to the co‑op office by Friday, February 25, 2022. Application information must be confined to the official nomination form. The only attachments permitted are transcripts, teacher recommendations and one photo of the applicant.
6. Applicants who receive a “full ride” scholarships (tuition, room, board, and books) to the schools of their choice are not eligible for this competition.
7. All scholarships must be accepted in the first academic year after proof of enrollment is received. In the eventa student is unable to fulfill enrollment obligations the award is forfeited.
8. One winner will be chosen to represent the co-op in the statewide competition where he or she will compete for additional scholarships. Eligibility requirements apply. Contact the cooperative for details.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship competition, please contact Director of Communications Michael Wilson at (937) 592-4781.
MAIL OR DROP OFF COMPLETED ENTRIES TO:
Logan County Electric Cooperative, 1587 CR 32 North, Bellefountaine, OH 43311